Baked Salmon with Lentils and Quinoa
This super healthy baked salmon recipe is something to enjoy. The Lemon Herb Sauce that goes with it makes it even better!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
What You’ll Need:
– 4 cups vegetable and chicken broth
– 1 cup black lentils
– 2 cups green beans (you can use another vegetable too if you like)
– 1 cup red quinoa
– 12 ounces salmon
For the Lemon Herb Sauce:
– 1 garlic clove
– ½ cup olive oil
– Pinch of salt
– Honey, to taste
– ¼ cup lemon juice
– Chopped parsley
• To make lentils and quinoa, preheat oven to 450F. Rinse both the quinoa and lentils and add them into a large casserole dish along with the broth. Bake for 45 minutes or until almost completely cooked. Take out of the oven and fluff with a fork.
• To make the lemon herb sauce, blend all ingredients together in a food processor. Set half of the dressing aside.
• Now for the salmon: place the salmon and green beans on top of the cooked lentils and quinoa (with skin side down) and drizzle the dressing on top. Bake for 10 minutes and then broil for 2 minutes. Please note that the timing may vary a little depending upon the thickness of your salmon.
• Once the salmon is cooked, serve it with the sauce you reserved earlier and dive in!